The Municipal Garden and the Clocktower
The Municipal Garden and the Clocktower
The Municipal Garden is a delightful place for walk and pleasure in Chania. It was constructed in 1870 under the supervision of Rauf Pasha according to European standards. It was planted with many evergreen trees and flowers in order to create a walking area for residents of the city who were trapped in the walls. In 1918, the Garden was reconstructed with new trees and plants taking its today’s form. On the northeast part of the Municipal Garden is located a remarkable Clocktower that was built in 1927 and constitutes one of the most attractive buildings of the City of Chania. The Municipal Garden is situated between Andrea Papandreou and Tzanakaki Street in the center of Chania.
 
Chania Articles
<
Follow us
Find us on Facebook
Find us on Trip advisor
© Hania Hotels Association | All rights reserved.
>> WEBSITE & PROMOTION by BIZONLINE & OVERRON